Saturday, July 11, 2009

Two things...

I'll try to get some pictures up today but first I thought I would mention a couple of milestones! On Monday, Peyton smiled for the first time in response to our smiles! He always smiles when he's falling asleep (see previous picture) but this was the first time that he smiled on purpose! It has really been fun watching the little guy become more alert and more purposeful with his actions (although on Monday he also poked himself in the eye while waving his arms around - he screamed!!!!)

Second milestone (which you won't find in the baby books) is that he managed to pee into his own eyeballs and mouth. Gross, right? I had his legs pulled up to put a new diaper under his bum when he decided that it would be the perfect time to start peeing. Needless to say, he was not pleased with the end result.

Anyhow, we drove to King of Prussia (a large mall outside of Philly) to do some birthday shopping and Peyton was great the whole time. He didn't cry the whole day and we didn't have any poo-splosion mishaps (although he did spit-up all over me in the Gap - thankfully I was still in my own clothes. Can you imagine me handing clothes back to the sales associate that had been spit-up on? "Yeah...I don't think I'm going to get these....they don't fit right.") The only issue we had the whole day was when we got home - seems we had screwed up his sleep schedule because he had slept the day away in the car and his stroller.

No comments: