Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Stream of consciousness (or Peyton's view of the world)

I tried to sleep in Peyton's room last night because he wasn't feeling well (and at 10:30 was still awake and crying) - it was interesting to say the least. I moved his train table and inflated the blow-up mattress so he could snuggle with me while he fell asleep. Wellllllll, sleep wasn't on his agenda. He spent about an hour just talking and talking.....it was an interesting peek into his mind. It went something like this:


Monkey. Monkey. MONKEY. Snap. Snap. SNAAAAAAAAAP. Ooooo-oooo-aaaa-aaaaa. (He then proceeded to flail his arms around and smack his hands together). Moooooooooooooonkey. Momma. Dadda. Momma. Dadda. Mooooooooooooooooooma. Gigi STOP. Papa STOP. Momma STOP. Dadda STOP. Stop. Stop. STOOOOOOOOOOOOOP. Momma house. Dadda house. Peyton house. Pretty hair. I brush hair? Head. Heeeeeeeead (while touching my face). Nose. Momma nose. Head. Head. Head. I need milk. MILK! MILK! MILK! I neeeeeeeeeeeed milk! I need water. I need water. I need coke. COKE. COKE! COKE! COKE! I neeeeeeeed coke! I need french fries. FRENCH FRIES! Momma, french fries! Please coke, please. Momma please? Dadda. Daaaaaaadda. DADDAAAAAAA! Bee. Bee. Bee. Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

After about an hour of this (and him getting increasingly louder), I put him back in his bed and returned to my room. Crazy boy.

No comments: