Monday, August 24, 2009

So much to blog about!

I'll be posting pictures soon (I didn't take my camera with me to TX - just ended up using my dad's). A lot has happened in the past couple of weeks though!

First off, Peyton and I flew home on Tuesday, Aug. 4 to hang out in the Woodlands, visit with the Harris grandparents, and go to Uncle Carson's wedding (Peyton's uncle, that is). Peyton did really well on the flights! Everyone on the plane was very impressed (and relieved) that he was such a great traveler. Peyton slept for the take-off and landing on the flight to Philly and he also slept for the take-off on the flight to Houston. I only had to change one diaper on the plane (which strangely enough was what I was dreading even more than giving birth....strange, huh?)....and I ended up just changing his diaper in my seat while my seat-mate was up wandering the aisle.

We had a couple of grumpy days (Peyton) when we first got to TX...but it's understandable. It was his first time flying and his first time in 100+ heat! Blerg. Anywho, we had a great time visiting with the Higgs' grandparents, Barger great-grandparents and assorted cousins, aunts and uncles. I got in lots of shopping (squeeeeee!) and Peyton picked up a few cute things too!

Casey flew in the next week and I headed up to Temple so we could visit with the Harris grandparents. We ate lots of great home-cooked meals (navy bean soup - yum!!!) and had a great time visiting with everyone.

Sunday the 16th was Carson and Sarah's wedding so we headed to Waco on Saturday for all of the festivities. Peyton charmed the pants off of all of the relatives and had a great time being passed from person to person. Carson's wedding was beautiful (375 people - shazaam!) and it went off smoothly. Peyton was once again passed from person to person (he handled it beautifully) and even managed to steal the attention away with is tux (see picture below).

The flight home went smoothly too - only mishap was when Casey was changing Peyton on my seat and he decided it would be a great time to pee! We were all exhausted from the traveling and it took us a good day or so to recover!

Peyton laughed for the first time on Tuesday the 18th!!! He has a great throaty little chuckle. His laughs are still far and few between but they're a ton of fun! He laughs in response to Casey's laughs and when I sing silly little songs (mostly about poop and big butts....go figure). I'm going to try to get his laugh on video but he always freezes up when I break out the flip video!!

It wouldn't be a blog post without a poop story - so here goes. He had a great big poo this afternoon so I brought him upstairs to change his diaper. As I was slipping the new diaper under his bum, he decided to squirt out some new poo. I managed to contain some of the mess but ended up having to change the changing pad cover. I lifted his butt up to put a new diaper on and he began to pee........into his face. After screaming for a few seconds (him, not me....although I definitely wanted to by this point) I wiped his face off with a baby wipe. While I was doing that, he peed some more........and turned the changing pad into a nice pool of pee. Needless to say, he got a bath...........

No comments: